Boot Camps with a Purpose is :
- Great people give their friends, clients, and all the people they can gather a workout.
- A reasonable donation is charged to do the workout.
- 100% of the money is given to the charity chosen by the instructor.
- The workout location, instructor, their business, etc. is put on the website, under the locations tab and the page is optimized so people in that area are led to it and can find it when doing searches.
- A page is dedicated to every location.
- Each location works their own Boot Camp and chooses where, when, etc.
- We all work together to spread the message of giving, work to make a difference, set a good example for our children, get in shape together and be a part of something bigger than any of us alone.
- TOGETHER, people from locations all around the world, Boot Camp participants, instructors and everyone who helps get the word out, we do this. Everyone how helps is part of this awesome team.
- B.C.W.A.P. is a non-profit corporation with all upkeep and costs of website and marketing paid for by Elite Personal Training and Fitness Services and volunteers.
- 501c-3 status papers filed February 2011. This will allow BCWAP to take tax-deductible donations and open the doors for many other opportunities.
- Founded: 2008 in Exton, PA by Matt Sgro, Elite Personal Training Studios and Fitness Services
- Current Member Status as of February 2011: 65+ locations in The United States, 2 in Canada, 1 in The U.K., 2 in Australia, 1 in New Zealand
Holding bootcamps WORLDWIDE to help people get fit, charging $15, then donating 100% of monies received to various charities worldwide!! Inspiring!!
Advantages of joining together with B.C.W.A.P
- It’s still your event. It’s still named “ABC Boot Camp Companies Boot Camp With a Purpose.”
- The 10k to start a non-profit is avoided, thus avoiding the exposure you put your business to with collecting checks. Whether the checks are 5 or 5,000 dollars, you are responsible.
- You have a fully optimized page for your area. The more videos and pictures you send us to put up, the better ranking your page gets.
- B.C.W.A.P. is bigger than one person or their company doing an event. We are worldwide and growing fast. Three years of mistakes, money spent to find what works and doesn’t, all that’s been done. You don’t have to.
- We have filed for 501c status with the I.R.S. That means we can go to big companies for funding. With the 501c status we are able to take tax deductible donations. With the money from bigger companies we can do more.
What it comes down to is this, if you’re looking for “What’s in it for me?”, go elsewhere. This is something we’re building that one human alone can not do. This is not about getting clients. This is not about building your business. This is not about making money. You’ll be donating your time. Donating “a portion of the proceeds” does not exist here. There are no awards or at-a-boys. We’re too strong for that. Go back to grade school if you want smiley faces on your papers. We are B.C.W.A.P. We are here to raise money and awareness for things we believe in. Love it or leave it. Get on the train or get off the tracks. B.C.W.A.P. is here to stay and will be in every city and town in the world someday. If you’re not quite sure, sit on your couch and wait. Those of us who believe will be out here building this amazing thing. For those who step across the line in the sand when they ask for volunteers, for those with the fortitude to do things for the betterment of all, to those who have seen enough, let’s rock.